Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Big Up for the Big Clinker . in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have had this cutter a while now along side a few Rubi's,, and i have noticed something im using it more and more my Rubi's are becoming a tad redundant because of this big fellow.:lol:
There is not much i have found it does not cut, fits 600's with ease i do replace the wheel more often than rubi but cant fault it really , good breaking power too,,, to my amazement the other day i was fitting a small amount of Granite ( cheap stuff mind 10mm 300x300 ) and for some reason i thought i would see what the clinker would do to it ,, well it cut it !! and snapped nice and crisp !! i was stunned.

So i suppose if any Tilers just startin out are on a tight budget this cutter would be my tip, you will get loads of use out of it and its proper cheap in comparison to other cutters ,, well worth it IMO :thumbsup:

OP
M

marke

It is chunky monkey whitebeam, love that handle you dont mind puttin a bit of pressure on gear like that , 'a proper mans cutter' haha, when you use a rubi after that it all feels a bit fiddly
Sad but true i have started to call mine Betsy !!!!

OP
M

marc1106

i bought one of these a couple of months ago, i had a small Rubi, but the Clinkers a beast, have relagated the rubi to the back of the shed now and i got it for ÂŁ70 :drool5: now i do mostly kitchen splashbacks and floors but i do love to bring it outa da van!

OP
J

j.sinclair7

I bot this a week ago after some great tips on this site and i cant believe how easy it cuts through 10mm porcelain like butter ive not been doing tile long but my other cutter wouldnt even score these tiles lol. I would also recomend this for a budget pro tile cutter. Its also a big ego thing when u pull it out the car lol :smilewinkgrin:

OP
G

Gazzer

Only ÂŁ79.95 at the moment from
Big Clinker Tile Cutter 610mm - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

Fred

Had a go with Genesis version. Cuts well and anything, but because of the cutter & clinker system,( being so big and wide) you just can't see your pencil marks.

OP
S

Slowly Learning

I have just started out and bought this cutter as it was as good a cutter as I could afford. I thought it would be an acceptable stop gap cutter. I have got to say though it is great. Having never used a Rubi so I dont know what i missing this cutter has done me proud, on my first tile job I could be found with a daft grin on my mush whilst marvelling at how good the clinker grande is.

Reply to Big Up for the Big Clinker . in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock