Discuss Bifold doors in - I wouldn't be happy in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Job I've been dropping in and off for a few months now and one of the gaps was a 4 week wait for bifold doors. I was there when they were measuring up and I told them a shed load of leveller was going down and that I'd get that done before they fit them as the last thing I wanted was to end up having to ramp the tiles down.
Would you be happy with this?

IMG_0262.JPG

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd already levelled it - just over thickness of a tile to add on!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just amazes me what some people accept

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looks like you've got enough space to make a nice gentle ramp up to the doors.

Large kitchen area to the left that needs tiling too so didn't want to be ramping up.
This was last week and I gave him 3 options
1. Get door put in right
2. Trim it in PVC
3. Tiled upstands

He went with #3 but it don't look right, better than cladding it in PVC maybe? Not sure.

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I told him it's coming up by 40mm + tile and he told me 'he only needs to measure for width but if it can be levelled before they fit as I suggested then that would be great.

W

WetSaw

I did have a hint of sarcasm in my reply, it didn't look quite as big a step in the first picture! I think your, very tidy, solution is better than PVC that would probably end up scratched and discoloured over time.

Reply to Bifold doors in - I wouldn't be happy in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks