Discuss Best trousers for knee pads in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi all ,

Tried red backs today for the first time based on recommendation, having tried many others, and they seemed to do the trick. However my trousers are a nightmare. The pads fit in the slots nice enough put whenever I kneel down they’re nowhere near my knees. Have to pull my trousers up and scoot them round a bit to get them in place. I also find kneeling/sitting /straddling generally is tough in these trousers too. They fit me round the waist just fine and are the perfect length.

Pretty sure I’m not deformed btw.

Can anyone recommend some durable trousers that can take red backs and the pads are always in place whatever position I’m in? And that aren’t restrictive when I’m playing twister (aka don’t stand on that tile I’ve just laid) Ideally without breaking the bank..: they never last long covered in adhesive ....

Much appreciated

F

T

Tommcd

You've probably sorted something by now, but this was my experience...

I'd bought some short legged 'site' trousers and whilst the leg length was perfect, what I've found with a lot of these trousers is that the short leg and long leg both have knee pad inserts in the same place. So for short arses like me, the knee pads are actually nearer your shins.

Wife bought me some snickers trousers (which I wouldn't have normally gone for as they are 3x the price) and they are by far superior. Don't have to pull them up every time I kneel down. Site trousers going in the bin.

(Should add that I'm not knocking site trousers, just for someone my height 5'9" they just don't work)

Reaction score
Haha funny you should say that....:

Iv got some snickers floor layers (85£!!!!!!) and they’ve been worth every penny. Knees never hurt now either!! Must not be working hard enough anymore .....

O

One Day

I moved to Blaklader from Snickers. Still very pricey but for hard working pants you are in all day all week, why buy cheap rubbish that is uncomfortable and doesn't last?

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm 5.7 and I wear snickers 30" leg look a bit short but work well and as I wear them more than anything else the price I not expensive. I but two pairs a year with knee pads so I can leave them in.

Have just bought some red back inserts and cantcwsit to try them

D

Dougs Third Go

I love my redbacks, fit nicely in my apache work pants, granted they are quite heavy, but nothing that a belt won't solve.

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I have Redback over trouser knee pads with double Velcro trap. Best knee pads I’ve ever used in every department except one major one. The Velcro is very poor within 6 weeks they lost their grip/stick and the company snickers direct won’t replace them.

Reply to Best trousers for knee pads in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks