Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best tiles for kitchen splashbacks - Kitchen areas and kitchen tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Looking to tile the backsplash in my kitchen, so was going to ask around for ideas aswell

If were only considering aesthetics, not price or maintenance, then personally I like the look of a lot of stone backplashes
  • carrara herringbone contrasts well with dark stained timber to give a classic look.
  • Nero Marquinna & gold/brass go really well together too, was thinking about chevron pattern with gold-glitter grout, but have never seen gold glitter grout upclose, dont know if its all prickly like I imagine
  • Mixed brick slips can look nice too, pretty cottage-y
  • Backlit onyx is also a winner, nice warm feel - very slick, would do well in a modern style apartment/bond villain lair

Would think eye-catching mosaics if the backsplash is a feature
Else plain subway tiles, brickbond or stackbond & small colour matching grout if you want to downplay the backsplash to accentuate other aspects of the kitchen

HenryJ

-
Reaction score
Kitchen backsplashes protect your walls from those embarrassing kitchen mishaps which are bound to leave stains. There a lot of tiles for backsplash you can select from. It mostly depends on the overall style of your home or the type of aura your kitchen has. You can also choose on the basis of the material, finish or the pattern of the tile. Here are some of my personal favorites:
Peel and Stick Resin Vinyl Mosaic Tile - easy to install and look absolutely beautiful (I have this one but not the hexagonal one), Deco Pattern Ceramic Mosaic Tile (this will give a more traditional look to your kitchen), Arabesque Metallic Glass Stone Mosaic Tile. The Herringbone Handcrafted Ceramic Mosaic Tile will also look good. You can try to match the color scheme or style of your house with your kitchen and then decide as well. There are a few articles I can refer you to if in case needed. Just let me know.

Reply to Best tiles for kitchen splashbacks - Kitchen areas and kitchen tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock