Discuss Best tile cutter you've used for cutting 1500 mm long tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Bought the Rubi TX-Maxi to use on 1000 mm tiles which is very good but customers seem to be going for bigger floor tiles on each job ,😩.
any recommendations pls

Andrew Owens

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying montolit FL3 flashline.
The last time I had to cut 1500mm wood effect tiles 10mm with my Rubi TC-125 circular cutter kit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-102957_Chrome.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220117-103719_Chrome.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Sigma makes one that cuts ridiculously long tiles quite thinly.
With sigma you can progressively break along the scribe line instead of at one end.
Carrying it around is a pain
Wet saw keeps the dust down and ok if you are skirting over the cut.
If its for occasional large jobs Id hire one as day rates are quite cheap

Reaction score
I second the sigma. I’ve used the montolit flashline without suction cups and it was tense scoring 2400x1200 wall tiles (£700 each!!) and definitely a 2 man job. I’m biased towards Sigma, i know it’s more expensive but you get what you pay for and the suction cup supports are invaluable.

Reply to Best tile cutter you've used for cutting 1500 mm long tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks