Discuss Best Tile Adhesive 2010 - Popular Tile Adhesive Companies In The Uk in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com

D

DHTiling

Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most During 2010?

Please vote on the Poll. All answers can be seen by the members.

If you used a brand not showing then please respond with the make.

I'm talking about both cement-based and dispersion. And I'm asking which brand in general did you use the most? It might be due to

trust, availability, customer preference, whatever. Just if you totted up the lot you used, which one did you use and buy the most of?

ALL TILE ADHESIVE POLLS - WHICH TILE ADHESIVE BRAND DO YOU USE THE MOST?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

Gazzer

Sadly Mapei is still hard to find around here...or should i say hard to get at a reasonable price. I can get it from my main dealer but its on 3 day order. I do insist on Mapei adhesives for certain jobs and substrates though.

Upvote 0
OP
S

Stewart

Nicobond Rapidflex, followed closely by Larsen's standard set. My two favourite addy's. Lost count of how many pallets of the stuff I've used this year.

Upvote 0
OP
D

diamondtiling

Sadly Mapei is still hard to find around here...or should i say hard to get at a reasonable price. I can get it from my main dealer but its on 3 day order. I do insist on Mapei adhesives for certain jobs and substrates though.

You surprise me there Neale, dont they have a warehouse in Dudley? I used to buy it by the pallet when I did all of the Fitness First clubs in the Midlands.

Upvote 0
OP
M

MTiler

Im mainly an Ardex X7R girl, or X77 depending on job. For mosaics I use Mapei P10. Has anyone else noticed that the X7R white is easier to use than the grey? The grey goes off so much quicker in the pot than the white does.

missyT

Upvote 0
OP
F

Fred

I've been going to as shop for years that supplies Ardex & Webber. The director left recently and opened his own shop and has Webber. Webber set for porcelain as slow set at xxxxx a 20 KG bag, flexi at xxxxx I can't go wrong. Lovely stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
B

Bushwhacker1

First year on the tools and i used to buy BAL throughout, simply because thats what i used when training. But, got to be honest i only use Topps (ie Palace) now which i think is just as good and cheaper. I predict Mapei will win this poll which will prove that ill have to try it sooner or later..

Upvote 0

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most During 2010?

Please vote on the Poll. All answers can be seen by the members.

If you used a brand not showing then please respond with the make.

I'm talking about both cement-based and dispersion. And I'm asking which brand in general did you use the most? It might be due to

Wot about Gypsum Based.......(you knew I would Dave)

Upvote 0

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, so far it seems that BAL's old market dominance has dwindled somewhat. And Mapei certainly have the most. In 2006/7 BAL had a massive 42% of the votes (by the way, Mapei sponsored us back then too, we just had BAL reps on here doing their usual sales push) they now so far only have 10%, with Mapei having nearly 30%.

Please vote if you haven't already. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
N

NVH Stone & Cer

At the age of 35 years young and tiling all my working life. I have used most adhesives out there. But i must say to all fellow tilers if you can get to use KeraKoll try it. I stand by what i say "This will become the best in the world". It puts Mapei to shame.

Upvote 0
OP
G

Gazzer

At the age of 35 years young and tiling all my working life. I have used most adhesives out there. But i must say to all fellow tilers if you can get to use KeraKoll try it. I stand by what i say "This will become the best in the world". It puts Mapei to shame.

Rubbish, tried it and its just "Ok" and the forum has had a fair share of bad reports recently using it too.

Upvote 0
OP
S

Saltire69

Use Mapei all the time but if they keep putting the prices up the way they are will be looking to change! Still get a good deal from Tile Giant though(Thx Gillian).

Upvote 0

Reply to Best Tile Adhesive 2010 - Popular Tile Adhesive Companies In The Uk in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com