Discuss Best shower former for wetrooms 2022 in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
This is something that's been causing me a bit of a headache these past few weeks, deciding on which shower former and tanking solution to go for on a timber floor. I was pretty much sold on The Impey Linear 4 former and waterguard kit in the beginning but been looking at other options. I've noticed Wetdec get mentioned a lot on this forum, but they're from older posts and I don't seem to be able to find them online. Are they no more? I've looked at Jackoboard, Wedi Fundo, Tough X, AWK and a load of unbranded ones....

Is there any major difference in the foam style board to the rigid style like the Impey? Is one better for timber or solid floors maybe?

So what do you guy tend to lean towards and is there a major difference in quality when comparing?

SCEZY1

-
Reaction score
Hope you get the answer your looking for, I will be following this thread with great intrest as i'm in a similar situation and would like to hear what people think to your questions.
This is a post of mine but didnt get any advice and still not sure whats best.
Regards Scezy

Reaction score
Here's hoping mate. I think the only former you can get away without plying out between the joists is the Impey (Death Star) Aqua-Dec EasyFit. Well that's what James says on Plumberparts

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOXPIQ2rIT4
This video really sold the the Impey system to me. But the membrane stuff isn't as cheap as just slapping on something like the Mapei liquid stuff.

Last edited:

Reply to Best shower former for wetrooms 2022 in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks