Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best sealer to use for amateur + Kitchen floor ruined by grouting-can it be saved? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, I just wondered if any experienced tilers had any thoughts on the best sealer to buy for someone who has never sealed tiles before? A spray on or normal applicator one? And which brand? It's for tiles around the kitchen worktop (i've picked up conflicting advice about HP and Seal-Guard)

Also, i had my kitchen floor tiled by someone who made a mess of the grouting. Plus, it's too light so any tiny stain shows up. Do you know if it's possible to stain grout (black), as i think this would help neaten it up?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

OP
S

suave

Re: Best sealer to use for amateur + Kitchen floor ruined by grouting-can it be saved

:welcome:

OP
I

Ian

Welcome along to TF. What type of tile are you looking to seal, porcelain/ stone etc?

Sent via Tapatalk for iPad

OP
S

savillio

Re: Best sealer to use for amateur + Kitchen floor ruined by grouting-can it be saved

Thanks for your reply. It's a ceramic tile- one of the 'metro' tiles with a bevelled edge (from Topps Tiles). It's the grout I'm wanting to seal actually, not the tile (now I think about it!)

OP
D

DHTiling

Hi and welcome...

An Aerosol type sealer will be best for sealing the grout joints... LTP do one...

And on the floor you can use a grout re-colourant ... Trade tiler link on the left doe one in various colours.

OP
I

Ian

Tradetiler Universeal Grout Colour this is a great product for recolouring your floor grout

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

savillio

Thanks to both of you - just bought both of those products online now. That's helped massively, there was a lot of conflicting advice out there, and i've been told by two tilers that you can't colour grout, so cheers.

OP
D

DHTiling

You will need to clean the grout first before you can re-colour it... instructions should be on the grout colouring bottle.

OP
W

White Room

Hi and welcome..

Reply to Best sealer to use for amateur + Kitchen floor ruined by grouting-can it be saved? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock