Discuss Best Polished Porcelain Sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jgw1

I know that this has been covered but I can't seem to find the definitive post which says which of the impregnators you guys feel is the best.

Any directions to a good summary or views?

A

Aston

i really like lithofin stain stop although i am going to give ltp a fair crack of the whip too..

D

DHTiling

Lithofin FZ impregnator is for polished porcelain.. and lately i have been using LTP mpg for polished material.

K

kiwiken

Hi all, I was about to post the precise same question! Just to add to the discussion, can this also be used for the grouting, or would something else be better? I have a load of polished porcelain from B&Q (£6m2!) though thankfully no grease or wax on them anymore.

Also, in a kitchen, or areas with frequent mopping to clean, would it be realistic to expect sealed with light grout to remain light (i.e. I want to avoid the grout darkening up). Open to any thoughts on the theme.

S

SILEX

If you want to use Lithofin products then their FZ Protective Impregnator is the one designed for filling the microscopic pores in polished porcelain. I've found that Lithofin MN Stainstop sits on the top and goes waxy and is best for the more porous honed natural stone.
LTP's MPG is a great all rounder which can be used on all machine polished surfaces. It's not only great value but has performed really well on my porcelain sealing jobs.

Hope that helps - Alastair

K

kiwiken

Great, thanks all. Fila seems a lot more expensive that Lithofin FZ, so unless anyone speaks a massively persuasive argument to the contrary, will spec-in Lithfin FZ.

K

kiwiken

I meant to also say that LTP MPG seems about half the price as Lithofin FZ, but with 25-50% the coverage - hence not as appealing as Lithfin (in my totally inexperienced view!)

J

jgw1

Right o chaps

I bought Lithofin FZ Protective Impregnator, cleaned up tiles prior to fixing and applied a layer on with a cloth, cleaned up excess with second cloth and then buffed it up with a third cloth.

Only thing is that all of that, from application to buff up was between 3 to 10 minutes for each tile (doing them in batches).

All the tiles cleaned up a treat am a bit worried that it hasn't done anything lol. I've used Lithofin slate sealants before and you can tell its get into the tiles. Is it usual with the above product to not really tell that its been applied and is the above time OK for it to impregnate.

Reply to Best Polished Porcelain Sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks