Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss BEST FLEXIBLE FLOOR GROUT (2mm joints) Floating Floor! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

Was wondering what is the best flexible grout for a polished porcelain floor with 2mm joints. (Tiled on a floating floor)
Was advised by tile shop to use Mapei Ultra colour plus, adding flexible primer?? But grout has cracked, well more sort of come away from the edges.
Tiler happy to come back and put right but talking of using epoxy grout? Wondred if that sounded correct or not?

As an absolute no nothing about tile lady, I have spent ages trawling through the internet and it would appear that a flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ with no additive would be better? Read Bal superflex (not wide joint) sounded good? I am of course ready to be corrected:)

OP
P

peckers

As a few others have mentioned use Bal standard grout and use bal gt1 additive! mix the bal gt1 50/50 with water and mix this togeather and then add your grout! you will have to measure the grout powder and the gt1 and the water exactly if you have to mix more then one batch so as the colours are identical! There maybe other makes you could use but I worked on a floor which was tiled by another tiler which was floating and they had the same issues! 3 times the tiler re-grouted it and it cracked everytime after about 6 weeks! I used the bal with the gt1 and it has been there for 9 months and so far no cracks! but there is no guarantee as the prep work was all wroung on this particular job!
I contacted bal before i did this and they advised using the gt1 at a 50/50 mix and this is the most flexible method that they do! They also advise NOT to mix there gt1 with grouts that are already flexible as the polymers are different.
There are probably other makes you could use but this one worked for me (so far) Its worth giving it a try to see if it will work.

Reply to BEST FLEXIBLE FLOOR GROUT (2mm joints) Floating Floor! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock