Discuss Best blade for porcelain cutting in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Better late than never, I believe this thema never gets old.

I have a Montolit SCX200 DNA series cutting disc running on the 2011 Montolit Brooklyn.
Never let me down even while cutting a really tough porcelain. Cuts like a dream from the beginning to it's (metal) end. Almost impossible to get it burned, it just wears down faster if you push it too fast. Not the cheapest option to go, however still cheaper than screw up a couple of expensive tiles in my opinion. I think it should cut trough roughly 1km of tiles with no problems.

I've tried a couple of other options, one of them was Rubi Viper series cutting disc.
First problem occurs when trying to fit it on a Montolit Brooklyn cutting machine, it is thicker at the middle and hard to center it.
Secondly it was cutting excellent from the beginning, at one point it started to rip off the top layer from tiles, even tho I was careful not to burn it.

Since I am always open to try new products, I am searching for opinions around here, I think I will give a Marcrist a go in the future.

Reply to Best blade for porcelain cutting in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks