Discuss Best adhesive for 200 x 500 x 8.5mm tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Jkb

TF
Reaction score
Hi,

First post here and a real tiling novice. I plan on putting up some 200 x 500 x 8.5mm wall tiles in my bathroom but not sure on the best adhesive, some adhesives I have found say they are suitable for max 300 x 300mm, I take it it’s limited to do with the weight of each tile? Any advice please?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You will need a cement based adhesive, I can highly recommend Tilemaster Standard Set Setaflex.

9F1A199E-8811-4466-ABBE-0248C2012EDF.png
Steer clear of rapid set adhesives if you are a novice, you will throw away more than you use.

Jkb

TF
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks fir the replies above.
Because of my location, I am getting a £15 delivery cost on the above recommended item. Is there any similar item that b & q or Topps Tiles provide? Both have local stores.

Regards

D

Dumbo

Topps will do a white single part slow set flexible adhesive either bal or topps own brand

Reply to Best adhesive for 200 x 500 x 8.5mm tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks