Discuss Best adhesive and grout for glass mosaic tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all, just had a new bath fitted. Took out the old one and had to remove one course of tiles around the bath as the new bath was taller. (see picture attached). I am going to tile the 150mm gap with these glass mosaic tiles Botella Indian Peacock Mosaic Tile | Topps Tiles - https://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod44733/botella-indian-peacock-mosaic-tile.html They are paper faced (no mesh on the back) so need an adhesive that is waterproof (shower above bath) and has some working time to enable minor adjustments to the tiles. What adhesive would you recommend? It is being fixed to a plaster wall so do i need to prime the plaster and if so with what? Also what grout would you recommend too. The current grout is like a really pale ivory. Many thanks
2019-09-05 11.39.16.jpg

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I used these same mosaics a couple of weeks back, I opted for Tilemaster setaflex & Tilemaster Grout, however they said not to be used in a wet area. Your best bet I think could be Kerrakol bio gel no limits as that was my plan b
[automerge]1567707567[/automerge]
You will need to prime it also with a compatible SBR primer, Kerakoll do one and you can get it in a 1 litre bottle. Might aswell just use their grout also :)

Reaction score
Preparation depends on whether there’s a shower above the bath or not? If there is then it won’t do any harm to waterproof the wall beforehand. I’m saying this as someone that carries leftover tanking so your budget might not stretch to that?
Adhesive wise- depends what you can get locally. Just make sure it’s suitable for your mosaics. Biogel is a good shout, it’s creamy as it’s made using marble instead of sand so goes on really well. Personally I find it too slow setting especially if you’re bedding out thin mosaics. It won’t stiffen up much on the day you tile. We’re all different though and like to work differently.
[automerge]1567713074[/automerge]
Oh, just read that you DO have a shower above the bath. I missed that bit. Whoops

Reply to Best adhesive and grout for glass mosaic tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks