Discuss Bed thickness (600x400) 10 or 12mm? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Do you mean tooth size of the trowel? It depends how flat your floor is.

Yes, the notch size of the trowel.
The floor seems pretty flat all over. The worst low spot I can find, in the kitchen, is 2-3mm. I haven't been able to check the hall yet but will when I lift the carpet, I expect it to be similar.

J

Just Rizzle

my rule of thumb is a mill less than tile thickness on flat floor and ALWAYS BACK BUTTER. this should allow tile to bed in and restrict the adhesive coming through the grout joint and give a little shuffle when in place to futher adhere the tile

S

Spare Tool

Yes, the notch size of the trowel.
The floor seems pretty flat all over. The worst low spot I can find, in the kitchen, is 2-3mm. I haven't been able to check the hall yet but will when I lift the carpet, I expect it to be similar.
How've you measured it to 2 or 3mm?

Reply to Bed thickness (600x400) 10 or 12mm? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks