Discuss Bathroom to be gutted... ceiling material?? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

davemul

Hi all

bathroom is next on the attack list. Im taking the ceiling down and replacing first this weekend.

what is generally the best material to use for ceilings in bathrooms?

must be thin and I will be installing downlights so must be easy to cut holes in

plasterboard then skimmed?

thanks
Dave

M

Mike

what's wrong with it that it needs to come down? can it not just be skimmed over? if not then yes , plasterboard then skim. use screws for the plasterboard not nails

W

White Room

Plasterboard and skim is the usual material, some have used somethink like plastic shiplap to cover the ceiling.

U

user123

Strummerman installed a plastic ceiling with downlights in my bathroom, I don't know the name of ti, but it looks really good, with silver strips, I have seen the same in other photos on here, why not ask him? It's been there for 2 years or so now and is easy to clean and still looks like new. I like the fact that I'll never have to paint it, and dampness is not a problem. :)

S

Stewart

You could put up some PVC panels as Mosaic Girl has said. Here are some high Gloss one's I've put up in the past and maintenance free.....
56bab144-9730-766f.jpg

56bab144-974f-2eca.jpg

Reply to Bathroom to be gutted... ceiling material?? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks