Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, we have been doing up our house but had a bathroom fitter in for that room. Some of the white tiles have discoloured- see photos of before (all same shade, same batch numbers etc), and see after with ‘darker’ white tiles behind shower fittings and lower down near tray. Is this a leak?
If so, can anyone advise on easiest and cheapest way to fix? Open to people contacting me with quotes if you are local to Warrington.
Thanks for looking and helping!
Angela

DEE80B52-42BE-4B7A-A533-D233C224C719.jpeg

F3118EBE-43C1-47A2-A17E-AAACC7DA8FB8.jpeg

ED5E6C21-9342-4855-A27C-A497FBC58614.png

1C480494-15C6-4FEB-B212-FE4EBA2A91BC.png

8A4DF7C5-6145-4639-8949-E380581D3A4C.jpeg

11CFD522-EE58-438E-9538-A8778721364A.jpeg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know what https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ has been used?

(I'll move this to a more suitable forum for now as it appears to be more advice related but if anybody does wish to contact the member to discuss visiting to repair then feel free to do so).
[automerge]1563281639[/automerge]
Just to add to the above, do you tend to find it dries out and the colour goes back to match the other tiles if you don't use the shower for a few days? Or is it always like that?

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
the grout does appear to look darker with in the darker shade of tiles ,that would suggest water ingress , but might just be the picture, I wouldn't have gone with that slither of tile over the shower tray , looks like a full tile to ceiling , so could have altered set out imo

OP
A
Reaction score
Do you know what https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ has been used?

(I'll move this to a more suitable forum for now as it appears to be more advice related but if anybody does wish to contact the member to discuss visiting to repair then feel free to do so).
[automerge]1563281639[/automerge]
Just to add to the above, do you tend to find it dries out and the colour goes back to match the other tiles if you don't use the shower for a few days? Or is it always like that?
Thank you. I think everything used was mapei but couldn’t be certain, and the guy who did our bathroom is now uncontactable.
It stays this colour now all the time, no difference even when we’ve been out of the house for a few days and shower has not been used.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
if you have any spare tiles , I would remove one of the tiles and see if the walls are damp , is this your only bathroom, water may be getting through that seal around the shower tray

OP
A
Reaction score
if you have any spare tiles , I would remove one of the tiles and see if the walls are damp , is this your only bathroom, water may be getting through that seal around the shower tray
Yes got spare tiles, this is the only bathroom. Will have to do that I guess then find someone to refit some tiles etc.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
just remove 1 tile for now , you should be able to remove the grout around 1 tile with a Stanley knife maybe . if its water ingress you may be able to pop the tile out without chipping another tile , good luck

Reply to Bathroom tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock