Discuss Bathroom start to finish in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
End of second day on a new bathroom job

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

10a.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It passed my 24hr duct tape test but I have left a heat gun with the owner and I won't be starting walls till Monday so should be done.
Got a massive to do list tomorrow if I want to tile floor Friday:
Drain down and pipe up for new rad and batten out for rad fixings
Reroute cable from old shaver socket to supply new mirror
Overboard floor and set dots and rails (one half of floor slopes down)
Tape and tank
Pour some SLC on my way out

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tiles are rectified 60x60 floor and 60x30 wall and the sizing is spot on and the room allows for joints to match up without silly compromises. I can count on one hand how many times that's happened for me.
So today set out walls on the vertical to get my floor set out and got them fixed.

IMG_0583.JPG

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Nice job macten! That bath is going nowhere. Lost count of the amount of times I have walked into someone else's work and the bath isn't strapped.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nice job macten! That bath is going nowhere. Lost count of the amount of times I have walked into someone else's work and the bath isn't strapped.

The one I took out had nothing, no battens, no silicone and not even those useless little wall brackets that sometimes get supplied.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
"Overboard floor and set dots and rails"

Whats a dots and rails then macten? ;)

It's a method of damming off and setting a datum all in one prior to self levelling. A good spirit level or laser to set the dots at the correct height (I use packers for the dots stuck down with rapid set) and mortar mix for the rails (use a wet straight edge):

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

Reply to Bathroom start to finish in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks