Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Apologies mods of this needs to go elsewhere.. please feel free to move it or bin it!

Riiiight.. here goes....

We've been in our first house nearly 2 years now. We've (well ... more like I'VE!) done everything else bar the bathroom. It's an old 1800's cottage so the bathroom was in a pretty bad way. Solidly built but nasty and OLD!

I decided a few weeks ago to RIP it out and start from the beginning.

First task was to move the hot water cylinder from in the bathroom to a new cupboard outside the room (thanks to Scruff from ultimatehandyman.co.uk for the advice!)

Now you see it...

7599aa0b.jpg

Now you dont!

984bc1db.jpg

Ive taken quite a lot out..

CARNAGE

6ea9c026.jpg

80443c6c.jpg

Well, I picked up a load of bits today..

Marmox goods and tiles!

dd3c2c45.jpg

25b0ec7e.jpg

57a0edf2.jpg

98dac92b.jpg

8fe80143.jpg

New shower pump for the house too

89a80179.jpg

Also have taken delivery of a taptile wireless light switch system Taptile - Ditch the switch one-touch mood lighting and dimming solutions for the bathroom and kitchen

6 astro glass downlights

an airflow icon15 extractor fan

and some Polk RC60i ceiling speakers

and a couple of remote water isolation switches about surestop

More bits arrive tomorrow.. i'll update this thread as I go along... im taking next week off to start the plumbing and install!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

Bolter

I've done a few bathrooms I can tell you, but nothing no where near such a high spec one like that, very nice. Tempted to use your pics on my website and claim the job as my own :smilewinkgrin:

We'll hunt you down and bullnose profile your toes till you take it down! :)

OP
S

Stef

Dave done brilliant with his bathroom & it was good to see every stage in progress.

He would put a lot of "so called tilers" to shame.

OP
D

davemul

:curtain: ears burning... Hi guys, I hope you all had a great Christmas and NYE :23: :santa5:

I haven't posted for a while but the bathroom is 98% finished. We've been using it a lot and enjoying it. No issues yet so to speak of.

I'll post some nice final pics of it soon.

OP
O

ozbird

really inspiring stuff, and some of those gadgets i'd die for! fantastic effort. my bathroom hasn't advanced enough that i can't incorporate some of it i think. thanks a lot.

OP
C

ceekay

Brilliant Dave but where's the final pics?

Definately inspired me anyway and the majority of the works much higher standard than a lot of plumbers and tilers I've worked with.

Just a quick note though you're not allowed to carry out electrical work in a bathroom kitchen or outside unless you are a part P approved spark unless you get building control to visit before and after installation which is also chargeable by the way. In saying that though pal I think the majority still just do it illegally so to speak.

Anyway loved the job but can we have final pics pls.

Cheers, Keith

OP
R

robertson60

Yh come on Dave, get out the bath and post the finished pics lolbathroom looks amazing, not the largest of rooms but youve certainly planned it well with some amazing kit.think i read you were also doing your kitchen, another thread??? go on...............being new to this site i too like to see pictures as makes understanding some terms etc much easier, im about to start my full bathroom project next week, so will hopefully do a mini blog as well.

OP
D

davemul

Hi guys! Just popping my nose in! I hope everyone is well.

The work never stops.. a leaking coil in the hot water cylinder is getting my attention this Friday so i'll grab a few final pics of the bathroom then.

All is still good. Only niggle is the shower pump sometimes doesnt switch off after a shower. Rectified by turning off and on again though

Oh and the TV's speakers are rubbish! I wish I had wired them to the ceiling ones!

:D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't mind me while I bump some old but popular threads to see if the topic is still active in some way. Wondering if either the original idea or original issue still exists. I've done this with quite a few threads, so don't be offended if this is just jargon these days and not applicable. But I thought there might be a small chance a small percentage of the small number of threads might just be slightly applicable and the thread could get a new lease of life.

Reply to this if you've read a bit and have something to say. :)
There IS going to be a bigger chance when i do this, that the thread is dead. So don't worry if that's the case, just don't reply to it, and we'll all move on and let the thread drop out of view again.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Good one..
I was slightly concerned when i saw the pic of the underside of the tray with the cut-out for the pipe that it might of been foam cored as per the Showerlay tray and would need full support.
Look forward to seeing the ongoing pics :thumbsup:
Just testing this quote

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock