Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom Metro Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello this is my first post!
I’m planning to refit my bathroom. The plan is to get rid of the bath and replace with 2 sinks! The sinks are on a metal washstand with the waste going into the wall via a chrome bottle trap. Do I tile the wall prior to fitting the sinks or after? My only worry about tile before or after is getting a neat finish around the area the waste goes into the wall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CEE946D1-4E5C-4BAB-86C8-E06C77A0406D.png
    CEE946D1-4E5C-4BAB-86C8-E06C77A0406D.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 3
O

Old Mod

Def tile first.
You can get a pack of diamond hole cutters from 5-50mm on Amazon for about a tenner.
That'll do for all your fixtures and fittings as a rule.
Pre drill a piece of 6mm board to hole saw Size required, and then place board on tile and use it as a guide so that the drill doesn’t wander. Use damp sponge to keep hole saw cool.

OP
S
Reaction score
I’ll do that 👍🏾
Def tile first.
You can get a pack of diamond hole cutters from 5-50mm on Amazon for about a tenner.
That'll do for all your fixtures and fittings as a rule.
Pre drill a piece of 6mm board to hole saw Size required, and then place board on tile and use it as a guide so that the drill doesn’t wander. Use damp sponge to keep hole saw cool.

Great I’ll do that, presumably the chrome pipe from the bottle trap will detach to allow me to fit before tile.

Reply to Bathroom Metro Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock