Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom floor and wall advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

SCEZY1

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, currently have a Self build in progress and require some advice, after reading a few posts and doing a little research I have come to the conclusion that my two upstairs bathrooms set on 600 centres posi joist and 22mm caberdek should have been 400 centres and a totally different floor finish. Like WPB

Am I correct in thinking this?

1, I’m hoping to lay two large linear formers 1500x900 was looking at the tough x Maybe someone could recommend a better one, do they all perform as good as each other and ease of tile?

2, Our posi joist top chords are 47mm deep, should I fully fill that with ply to support the former?

3, What’s the Best material to lay over caberdek and what’s the best way to reduce any floor deflection and best materials for tile on?

4, Our plasterer has said to plasterboard and skim both bathrooms and tile onto that, as that’s what he does on every job. Would we be better off using a backer board and tanking kits where needed? What would a tiler prefer to work on to give the best results?

Thanks Scezy

Reply to Bathroom floor and wall advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock