Discuss Bath tiles. Grout, silicone or both? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Bath tiles. Grout, silicone or both?
A few years ago we had our bathroom done and where the bath met the tiles, grout was used with silicone on top. This is coming away in places and has become mouldy. I’ve cleaned it out with the intention of repeating the process, however the grout I’ve used has cracked, I believe due to movement when the bath is being used- not sure why this didn’t happen with the original grout. As this new grout is going to be difficult to get out I’m intending to fill the bath and silicone, emptying bath once dry. Thinking is this should seal the bath, fill the cracks, and be sufficient. Am I correct or asking for problems? Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Make sure the bath is installed correctly and secured to the wall. There should be no movement visible. Half fill bath and then silicone, there is no need for grout.

Reply to Bath tiles. Grout, silicone or both? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks