Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss BAL Tiling Courses - Stoke On Trent, Manchester & Bristol in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Learn more about a BAL tile course by visiting BAL

Feedback from anybody who has been on this course would be appreciated.

Last edited:
D

discoduster

Re: BAL tile Courses

I went on one of BAL's 3 day wall course a year or so ago (haven't got round to attending the floor one yet) and found it pretty informative although BAL's products are sub-conciously imbeeded in your brain by the end.

Apparently they now do a 5 day all in one course for walls and floors.

B

barriesheene

In the middle of the 5 day course at the mo :) I'll let you know how I get on.( Bristol site )

B

barriesheene

Well, just got home and i have to say, it was a really good course :) Dave Rowley was the tutor. yes the bal product's get embedded in your physcy, ( where's the spell check !) But they do explain the reason certain product's are needed for diffrent substrates giving you a good understanding of the basic principles involved when chooseing which https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is required.......Oh my god ! I'm even starting to talk like them ! lol :happy: Hey I could now tackle a task with just a tile scribe and a pair of nibbler's where before unless i had ÂŁ3000 worth of tool's at the ready I would'nt attempt it ! :wink_smile: Just learning how to properly set out a job is worth the money for the diffrence it makes to the finished job. No more setting out to give the fewest cut's for me !!!!! lmao :)

A

Andy-D

I did the 5 day combined course about a year ago and found it great. I wasn't starting from scratch in the trade, but found it very useful to pick up the latest tips & tricks and learn a bit more about the technical side of adhesives & grouts. Excellant course.

Have also recently done the "tile to wood" course, also found it very useful... cost ÂŁ60 for the day. Dave ran that course.

Going to book up for there natural stone day course in Aug.... might as well do the set!

Whilst they do promote BAL products... cant be a bad thing to use there stuff and use them as bench marks.

A

B

barriesheene

I have to agree Andy :) If I have a choice then i'll use Bal product's Biggin' up the fact that they come with a ten year guarentee and excellent after service/back up.Give's the customer's a bit of reasurance I think. But if the customer decides they would rather use some cheap s##t that they bought then I just explain that i cant be accountable if they all fall off the wall within a few week's :) The only prob with Bal I find is the high price. It can tend to eat into your profit margin, but I like the knowledge that if I do encounter a problem then they are on the other end of the phone. I'm not dissing them, but i personally have only really ever struggled with mapi ready mixed stuff. It had the none slip properties of an ice cube !!! lol
Sorry off topic :)
I'll be booking in for the wood/stone and any other one day course's they run as soon as I get time. Knowledge is power so they say ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to BAL Tiling Courses - Stoke On Trent, Manchester & Bristol in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock