Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss BAL Prime APD on Cement Board - Dilute or Not? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I’m about to tank Hardie Backer cement boards using the BAL WP1 waterproofing kit. I’m a bit confused with the Prime APD. Should I just paint this straight on, undiluted, or should I be diluting at all? If I do need to dilute, what proportions?

Cheers.

W

Waluigi

Screeded floors need diluting 1:1 but I remember Bal being a bit funny with their installation instructions regarding WP1. At the stage at which I stopped using their system, they wanted you to skim the Tile backer board with tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and priming/tanking once dry.

This was ten + years ago so might be worth contacting their tech team. They’re usually very good.

OP
S
Reaction score
Probably best if I ring them to get a proper answer, but I suspect that dilution will be required as the boards are cement-based.

Reply to BAL Prime APD on Cement Board - Dilute or Not? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock