Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss BAL or Mapei - Decoupling membrane/anti-frac? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Looking for a mat to help stop any movement between solid hallway floor and suspended ceiling over cellar. Victorian geometric tiles over top.

BAL or Mapei - any preference?

Cheers TN.

D

Dumbo

Solid hallway floor being what exactly?

Why are you worried about cellar ceiling?
I think he means part solid , part suspended which happens to be over the cellar .
You will have to have a movement joint on the transition between the floors .
Also you will have to prep the wooden floor for tile with a cement board overlay , which in turn probably means you building up the solid floor to match overlay height

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Your last post @True North had some weird Tinyurl forwarder / counter involved in it. Link to it directly and I'll approve your post. Can't have URLs posted that may expire or the firm go bump who manages the url shortening service. The original URL you wanted to post has more value.

Edit: I've posted the URL directly.

Can I ask why you used a URL shortener??

Reaction score
Screwed an descent cement board on top of your timber floor & stick the same board down over the cement floor with a good tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ using the board edges to form you movement the span a movement trim over that joint for good measure

Reply to BAL or Mapei - Decoupling membrane/anti-frac? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock