Discuss BAL 6mm round notch trowel in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi all,
I'm in search of a trowel.
BAL 6mm round notch.
I've used them for the last 20 years now all of a sudden the shop I use can't get them so hence the post.
There must be someone out there with some stock !!

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use Newcastle but yours should be able to order them for you
if you have any problems give me a ring and i will see if i can sort it

F

Flintstone

6mm x 6mm x 6mm round? Can I ask what benifit you feel this gives you over a square notch of the same dimensions ?

Reaction score
Just as Albert says.
It's always been my go to trowel,
The actual trowel construction is what I like to use. Sturdy, and well built.
I've tried a square notch but just not the same.
Bright ideas make one similar (local shop tried to pass it off as BAL) soon put them right.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

This question is pretty much how I came to find the forum. I sat down and did some sums to look at the volume of adhesive per unit length for different trowel designs (cuboidal, pyramidal and cylindrical). Anyway my understanding from 'playing' and a little thinking is that the cylindrical (round) would allow the Add to spread under the load of the tile whereas the cuboidal (square) may be more likely to fold. A colleague suggested I try them on some Triplex to look at the back.

Anyhow my own DIY use is probably not relevant but I found this website helpful.

http://www.klebstoffe.com/fileadmin/redaktion/ivk/Merkblaetter/TKB_6_englisch.pdf

Reaction score
Albert,
Found some trowels in London, there sending them to my local branch.
Bad news is BAL have stopped making them !!
That in mind I'm going to stock up on a few.

D

Dumbo

This question is pretty much how I came to find the forum. I sat down and did some sums to look at the volume of adhesive per unit length for different trowel designs (cuboidal, pyramidal and cylindrical). Anyway my understanding from 'playing' and a little thinking is that the cylindrical (round) would allow the Add to spread under the load of the tile whereas the cuboidal (square) may be more likely to fold. A colleague suggested I try them on some Triplex to look at the back.

Anyhow my own DIY use is probably not relevant but I found this website helpful.

http://www.klebstoffe.com/fileadmin/redaktion/ivk/Merkblaetter/TKB_6_englisch.pdf
You really need to get out more .

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bal trowels were made by Benson Hand Tools.
There was a thread on here, where they were discontinuing their tiling range and selling off trowels etc, ( I don't know why as they are the strongest trowels I've had)
I must of bought a dozen.

Reply to BAL 6mm round notch trowel in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks