Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bad Bathroom Fitter. Help! in the Find a Tiler - Find Trusted Tilers area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that several things weren’t looking great. I spoke to the contractor and he said we didn’t know what we were talking about and that he’d been in the trade for 30+ years and told his fitter to carry on.

We thought the walls weren’t prepared and sealed before tile (no tanking, tiled directly onto bonding etc) . tile was out of alignment. The floor tiles weren’t level and had lipping of about 3mm in places. The niche cupboard in the shower had 3 wood sides with no seals, there was tile on to
wood on the outside. There were odd cuts out of tiles where he’d slipped with the angle grinder etc. The ceiling is sloped.

I sent a message to the contractor (he’d slammed the phone down on me twice) outlining the issues again and asking to meet to discuss the job.

Now they have walked off the job and are refusing to answer messages or calls.

I know you should offer a chance for the work to be put right and then the bathroom finished, (they refused to acknowledge that anything was wrong with the work) but I have no faith in the ability of the bathroom fitter. I just wondered if anyone had any advice they could offer me. (I have a lot more photos of other things but don’t know how to put them on 😕)

The quote for this bathroom was £10,500.

Thanks in advance

T

Tomak1

Wow! Thats shocking experience..
If you will need trusted and reliable bathroom or kitchen fitter at reasonable price- I would recommend: Builders Squad as they giving 1 year warranty and are fully insured

Reply to Bad Bathroom Fitter. Help! in the Find a Tiler - Find Trusted Tilers area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock