Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Backerboard on top or behind shower tray? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

DIYer here. I'll be fitting a new shower tray soon and boarding the walls with Marmox. My intention was to board the walls first then fit the tray, filling any small gap around the tray with a quality sealant (recommendations?). Once tiled, the tiles would overlap the tray, leaving a 3mm gap under the tiles for more sealant.

Is this correct? Or should the Marmox also sit on top of the tray? I checked Marmox's website and install instructions but couldn't find any examples of Marmox board with a shower tray.

Should any other sealing method be used between the Marmox boards and the tray? I've seen waterproofed tapes mentioned and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ corners etc.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Reply to Backerboard on top or behind shower tray? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock