Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Back breaking! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Tavos

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

Christ! My back is screaming whilst I type away.

As it's my first post, I thought I would give you all a little insight in myself, before praising the tile profession.

After finishing school, i completed the Henry Boot YTS charade, then went to work in construction for over 15 years, mainly Windows, curtain wall/commercial work then I had the opportunity for better money working on the roads, installation of crash barriers.

I've haven't worked in construction for over 12 years now, as I work within a radius of home, driving a van.

Anyway I started tile my kitchen floor thinking it would be a breeze, without swearing my back is killing right now.

Anyone doing this for a living, deserves the money. It's certainly no joke.

IMG_20190618_190816.jpg

O

One Day

Thanks! I had a deep tissue massage last week (absolute agony - no pleasure at all) just to soften me up enough to go to an osteopath this Thursday to have several vertabrae smacked back into position.
Maybe sometime next week I'll be able to sleep again....!

These monkeys finally did me in. 1200x600 porcelain.

IMG_20190528_153405.jpg

F

Flintstone

I've got twinges and I moan about that. Some of you lot are ready for the knackers yard !

OP
T

Tavos

TF
Reaction score
Had 3 ops now. Only sorted one aspect of the problem. Due the 4th op within the next 6 months

Ouch!

Many folks would change profession after the first hospital experience, good on you for sticking with it, you obviously earn well and enjoy your daily work, good luck with it.

OP
T

Tavos

TF
Reaction score
Well today I woke up, stiff as fire door!

Another slog on the job, my knees are now competing with the back for overall dominance in the pain game.

Dreading tomorrow.

IMG_20190619_201853.jpg

Reply to Back breaking! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock