• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)

Discuss Back breaking! in the DIY Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tavos

TF
Reactions
Hello,

Christ! My back is screaming whilst I type away.

As it's my first post, I thought I would give you all a little insight in myself, before praising the tiling profession.

After finishing school, i completed the Henry Boot YTS charade, then went to work in construction for over 15 years, mainly Windows, curtain wall/commercial work then I had the opportunity for better money working on the roads, installation of crash barriers.

I've haven't worked in construction for over 12 years now, as I work within a radius of home, driving a van.

Anyway I started tiling my kitchen floor thinking it would be a breeze, without swearing my back is killing right now.

Anyone doing this for a living, deserves the money. It's certainly no joke.

IMG_20190618_190816.jpg

TileFix Direct
O

One Day

Thanks! I had a deep tissue massage last week (absolute agony - no pleasure at all) just to soften me up enough to go to an osteopath this Thursday to have several vertabrae smacked back into position.
Maybe sometime next week I'll be able to sleep again....!

These monkeys finally did me in. 1200x600 porcelain.

IMG_20190528_153405.jpg

Localtiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
I've got twinges and I moan about that. Some of you lot are ready for the knackers yard !

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
everything ok, after making the 150x75,
my back is all lubricated.

Tavos

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had 3 ops now. Only sorted one aspect of the problem. Due the 4th op within the next 6 months
Ouch!

Many folks would change profession after the first hospital experience, good on you for sticking with it, you obviously earn well and enjoy your daily work, good luck with it.

Tavos

TF
Reactions
Well today I woke up, stiff as fire door!

Another slog on the job, my knees are now competing with the back for overall dominance in the pain game.

Dreading tomorrow.

IMG_20190619_201853.jpg

Tavos

TF
Reactions
Question guys, so far i applied Mapei Super flexible adhesive (4bags so far) but I need to lay 10 x 600x200 + 6 x 600x98 to complete.

I want a rapid set adhesive so I can grout some tomorrow evening, any recommendations? Screwfix or B&Q are my go to stores.

Reply to Back breaking! in the DIY Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Jobs Find a Tiler Tile News

Top Bottom