Discuss Average meterage per day?? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey all, just extending this thread a little more. What would you expect to average on a daily metrage of 200 x 100 metros in a small bathroom? Say bathroom size 1800 x 1700 x 2500h with a window to deal with and bath in place.
Do you reckon 2 days is okay or would some of you speed freaks whack it out in a day?? Lol

T

Time's Ran Out

2 1/2 days on your 13-16 sq mt room. (6.5 x 2.4 around/high )
Extra half day for grouting bevelled edges and assuming not fast set adhesive.

Reaction score
2 1/2 days on your 13-16 sq mt room. (6.5 x 2.4 around/high )
Extra half day for grouting bevelled edges and assuming not fast set adhesive.
Superb, thanks for that timeless John. 2 1/2 days is where I will be at exactly by the time I've finished. The plumber who hired me said it was 'a days work'!! I worked my nuts off Saturday and got its back broke (as well as my own lol) started late today (midday) and am face high all around now. The walls are seriously out of plumb and have had to bed up loads in some places but put a level anywhere now and it's middle bubble everywhere!
I really just wanted a speed check for comparison and you've given me just that so thank you bud 👍👍

Reaction score
I’d allow 3 days for that if I was pricing it.
Cheers for that LEEMAC, much appreciated for your response here too. The plumber asked me to do it on an agreed day rate instead of pricing it as we tend to help each other out from time to time and we both have the same rate for ease. I just didn't want him thinking I was taking the mickey when it turns out to be 2 1/2 days and he thinks it would be done in a day!!

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Smiler, I haven't been doing this long really, but anytime I have worked as a sub contractor or through another trade (which I no longer do and just stick to private work), its always "a small job" or "just a days work", mainly because the builders etc or perhaps your plumber mate who would otherwise do it themselves, don't know how to do it properly!

Yes it will take half the time if I put 60x30 porcelain tiles on a freshly plastered and painted wet room wall using tubbed adhesive (dot and dabbed of course) and grout it on the same day! The thing is, we know better than that and rushing these things is just no good. If it was all about speed, my business would have been over before it got started. I have gotten naturally quicker over time, but not because I'm trying to force that. I like to book out an extra day or two for each job (depending how big it is) allowing me not to feel under too much pressure to hit a certain deadline. Fair enough, that costs me potential income, but the stress it relieves is well worth it. Time is not everything.....

Reaction score
Smiler, I haven't been doing this long really, but anytime I have worked as a sub contractor or through another trade (which I no longer do and just stick to private work), its always "a small job" or "just a days work", mainly because the builders etc or perhaps your plumber mate who would otherwise do it themselves, don't know how to do it properly!

Yes it will take half the time if I put 60x30 porcelain tiles on a freshly plastered and painted wet room wall using tubbed adhesive (dot and dabbed of course) and grout it on the same day! The thing is, we know better than that and rushing these things is just no good. If it was all about speed, my business would have been over before it got started. I have gotten naturally quicker over time, but not because I'm trying to force that. I like to book out an extra day or two for each job (depending how big it is) allowing me not to feel under too much pressure to hit a certain deadline. Fair enough, that costs me potential income, but the stress it relieves is well worth it. Time is not everything.....
Hi eddcottee..... it seems you and I have similar ethics. I too opt for a first class finish rather than rushing the job to make loads of money. If I don't get paid any extra for a couple of hours extra on the job then so be it, at least I can walk away from the job knowing it was another sound job without faults.
I know the plumber quite well and don't get me wrong he's an awesome plumber, but with regards to bathrooms and sorting out whats needed by way of tiles and adhesives etc he's a nightmare lol.
I finished a large en suite for him a few weeks ago and he bought 14's mtrs of floor tiles which to the tile was bang on however, he bought 20sq mtrs of underfloor heating mat! Try losing 6mtrs of underfloor on a job!!
Anyway, he was there for a while on Saturday and when he saw all the marking and setting out needed he admitted there was no way he could have done the job! At least he admitted it lol.

Reply to Average meterage per day?? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks