Discuss Average meterage per day?? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

2020Tiling

Sorry guys the post about building up a floor with spf was posted by my mate (the plasterer) as a joke :lol: without me knowing :oops:

Thanks for the replies though :thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I think your main problem with this floor, was trying to get it level, rather than just flat. Sometimes you just have to go with the floor, and just worry about not getting lippage. ;)

C

celt

Always wondered what size trowel for floors. Can you link a picture of on or embed a pick it in here

S

Stef

Always wondered what size trowel for floors. Can you link a picture of on or embed a pick it in here

Depends how flat the floor is,
I've seen me using anything from a 6mm up to a 20mm round notch.
Always back butter floor tiles as it will give you far better coverage.

C

celt

Depends how flat the floor is,
I've seen me using anything from a 6mm up to a 20mm round notch.
Always back butter floor tiles as it will give you far better coverage.

whats yours definition of back buttering ?

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
can you get a better bond than using the right adhesive and the right trowel,imo no need to back butter but then what do i know eh ,im only as good as my last job ,but i have been doing this job for long enough to know what is needed and what isnt, no offence meant, just saying like

M

Mr Tiler

No mate i wasnt contesting what you said at all. The last floor i did i was checking the bond every few tiles and there was contact without skimmin the back of tiles but i suppose a quick skim of wet adhesive to the back of each tile would ensure a solid bond and wouldnt really need to be checked much at all would it its just a longer proccess.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
no problem mr tea bag but experience imo counts for a lot,so i dont do it because i dont need to keep checking my tiles to see if they have stuck or not, all goes back to using the right trowel in the first place would you not say,if you feel better doing it that way well there is no harm in that but for me i think there is no need so i dont do it

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
every body has different ways of fixing tiles,as long as the job is done right and the tiles stay put,the customer is happy then i am happy and onto the next one, oh my how many tiles must i have fixed in well over forty years

M

Mr Tiler

put it this way your experience counts for a lot more than mine lol. but yes it cant do any harm at all and I wasn't saying it must be done as I said when I last tiled a floor the bond was great and that was roughly 1 month ago and still no issue to date. and I hope not for a long time lol

Reply to Average meterage per day?? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks