• Thread starter shano
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 5K

Discuss Australia in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

shano

hello there,,ive been tiling for 11years now and was self employed for the last 6 years but of course ive no papers for proff..did not hav any idea how hard it was to go into Australia what can i do ive loads of refrences and stuff do you get your skill test in oz or before you go .Its driving me mad.ive a family so i cant get the work visa ...
Any help with emigrating would be greatfully appreciated please

S

shano

tanx u,,,do any of you guys no wat to expect when been interviewed by Australia skill assessment by video link?? i hear tiling is very different in oz... any tips???

M

Max@ableskills

Hi, welcome and good luck. I have had a few candidates go down the AQF 3 route after they have finished their training with us by using an independent AQF 3 assessor. I know of one lady who achieved AQF 3 and is now happy in melbourne australia so it is possible

C

carlb

Hey Shano. I can't help you directly, as I am pretty tied up with other social issues ,retired, living in rural South Australia and things are pretty hard here as well ( for people in my circumstance) - ( but we don't have the problem you guys in EU have with what the banks have done to you... someone has to make them take responsibility, but that also involves the politicians).
I'll ask my son when he gets back from his honeymoon soon. I'll ask him what can help with the emigration issue , as he has just married a girl from the Netherlands... but don't hold your breathe.
In the meantime, keep your chin up , keep focussed.. and keep looking after your family

Carlb

C

carlb

Max (?).. Thank you for your welcome and kind thoughts. AQF 3 route? I retired in 1989 , and (through my own bad experiences ) became a social activist who gets out there and tries to help people.

Cheers to the lady who is living in Melbourne .. I grew up on Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, and worked in the city... my 4 brothers are still all over there. Hope she loves getting to Vic(toria) Market in the city and Camberwell Market... great for recycling.
Carlb
( I have a twisted sense of humour, so apologies if you were offended by what I wrote)

C

carlb

WHOOPS I am not used to forums and etiquette. I think I've responded to some things, ( eg. Shano and Max@ableskills) that were not meant for me personally.. a new thread called Australia which I did not realise... slow learner. Sorry

B

bugs183

I know this may sound an odd question Shano, but have you been out there and spent much time living in Oz?
This is a huge commitment to up sticks and leave Europe.
I know quite a few people who have taken the plunge and not taken to it, you'd be amazed how much you miss family and friends.
I'm not trying to talk you out of it at all, but it's worth spending time there first, and as heavytrev says the work style methods are different as i went out and had a look for myself around Sydney and Melbourne.

Reply to Australia in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks