Discuss ATS diamond tools - thin wall diamond core drills in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384208996.724431.jpg

I am going to be testing these soon for ATS diamond tools. Can't wait to see how they perform on various grades of porcelain.

They look the business ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

Thanks Geoff,

Reserve you're excitement for when you've actually tried them, these are designed specifically for the glazing industry and this type of sintered bit is used extensively on CNC machines in glass and stone masonry industries.

It seems logical it would work in porcelain, so why not try it?

C

Concrete guy

They look meaty....

They are quite thin, the wall is 1mm or 1.2mm thick depending on the size.

I've got a few bits in to test, they are designed to be used with a water fed swivel but I just want to see how they perform wet or dry.

Small drill sizes are a constant problem, particularly 6mm to 10mm. Trying to produce something that drills a decent hole, last a reasonable amount of time without costing a fortune.

So lets find out of it drills first, then we'll work out what fitting we'll make them with.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They do look a stronger cutter?

do you do drill guide type things.......fed up raking about in my van looking for scraps of ply to cut holes in.

C

Concrete guy

do you do drill guide type things.......fed up raking about in my van looking for scraps of ply to cut holes in.

Not at the moment, it's something we're thinking about. I always used to use UPVC offcuts for drill guides, the plastic was just easier to deal with.

W

White Room

I use some thin ply, use an adjustable wood drill to make a hole to the size required and use that....

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a set of wood hole saws that I cut out wotever size.....but they don't last long at all.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
What would be the benefit of these core drills, over the cores we already have in our toolboxes (presuming the test goes well of course..)?

C

Concrete guy

What would be the benefit of these core drills, over the cores we already have in our toolboxes (presuming the test goes well of course..)?

The answer to that is part of the reason we're testing.

Do they cut quicker, cleaner, last longer?

Q

Qwerty

Bits just arrived. Cheers Alan. Will get together a handful of tough porcelain and get drilling this weekend!

C

Concrete guy

Bits just arrived. Cheers Alan. Will get together a handful of tough porcelain and get drilling this weekend!

Perfect, feedback good and bad is all welcome.

Try them wet first Geoff, then try them dry and tell me how quick you can kill them.

C

Concrete guy

Look similar to my PCT hole cutters.
Cost a fortune, so any product that can do the same at a cheaper cost is good news.
#

ooh, do you have a link so I can look at those?

EDIT:- I think I found them, that's the Armeg PTC set?

You wouldn't happen to know what thread fitting is on those would you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to ATS diamond tools - thin wall diamond core drills in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks