Discuss Arrgghh! Do I need to rip up my tiles? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Made a stupid error. Bought this:
Tilemaster 25kg Standard Set Flexible Adhesive Extrabond CLEARANCE | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264140410248

Of course it says "flexible" in the miss-leading description but only just dawned on me it isn't flexible and I've already used it.

I was tiling onto bathroom floor that already had in place 6mm cement board over 18mm ply. Below the ply is wooden joists. I DID use the last of my flexible keraflex on the substrate under the cement board but used this standard set extrabond above the board (and under the tiles).

What are my chances? Please don't tell me I have to rip my tiles up booo hooo !

Separate less important question is I've still got a small amount (1M x 1M) behind the toilet to do on the wall. Its currently clad in plasterboard. Would I get away with not wasting this non-flexible adhesive on that ?

Thanks in advance

B

Bill

It all depends on how much movement there will be in the floor and wall.

Is it your house or a customer?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think I would be having a word with the supplier, it clearly states “flexible” in the description.

Reaction score
I wish I could get hold of that oik from ebay, drag him to my house and make him take up all the tiles, pay for new ones and relay them to the same standard. Still its my fault for not bloody checking the package earlier.

Its a very small room (2M x 1M) and there is flexible under the cement board. Would the tiles just start to crack if it goes wrong? I've got a fair few in reserve but still praying something like that doesn't happen.

Reply to Arrgghh! Do I need to rip up my tiles? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks