Discuss Ardex in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ChrisD

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member of this forum, thanks.
Need advice on Ardex wpc. Applied a few days ago 2 coats as specified. I am tiling my shower area shortly but find the Ardex to be mildly tacky, is the tile cement and tile going to adhere or is there a problem heading my way.
Many thanks ChrisD

ChrisD

-
Reaction score
It’s normally bone dry in an hour or so. What have you put it on to?
Jacks board, some places it’s dry but one patch has a mild sticky feel when you put your palm on it, I checked with the manufacturer of the board and they said yes Ardex is fine. Just worried now that if I try to tile it long term tiles may not have stuck properly and possibly drop off.
[automerge]1589740550[/automerge]
Jacks board, some places it’s dry but one patch has a mild sticky feel when you put your palm on it, I checked with the manufacturer of the board and they said yes Ardex is fine. Just worried now that if I try to tile it long term tiles may not have stuck properly and possibly drop off.
Jackoboard
[automerge]1589740611[/automerge]
It’s normally bone dry in an hour or so. What have you put it on to?
It’s Jackoboard

Reaction score
I wasn't aware Jackoboard needed to be tanked. Just the joints taped and sealed etc.

ChrisD

-
Reaction score
I wasn't aware Jackoboard needed to be tanked. Just the joints taped and sealed etc.
It’s one of those dilemmas, you have enough tanking solution left over to all the shower area so I did, not a tiler so I am over engineering everything. Many thanks for your reply. 👍

Reply to Ardex in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks