Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Ardex wpc application / batch size question in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
after some advice please.
I’m about to apply ardex wpc to the hardi walls for a corner shower. I’ve applied a thick mix of ardex to the taped joints. I know 2 coats are required on the walls but as it dries so quickly, is it best to mix enough for the 2 coats or mix separate batches in case the ardex for the second coat starts to set in the bucket/ roller before the first is dry? Tia

O

On one

I have been know to mix up too much for coat No1 and it still be usable by the time comes to use it for coat No2

OP
Steve_Bcs
Reaction score
2 batches was a good choice! Thanks. I have never used tanking products before & I was surprised the supplied roller stayed useable on batch 2 . Cleaning up between batches was a pain & i ended up throwing my £1 bucket & the roller & brush in the skip after completion of both coats.

Reply to Ardex wpc application / batch size question in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock