Discuss Anyone used this decoupling Matt in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I've never used this type of matting before it
Has to felt sides and one blue plastic inner core
This is a holiday home am tiling and the clients won't be here for weeks so I've no idea who supplied it or what brand it is, any ideas?

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
wierd , looks like the dural one but with felt on the tiling side given we can see the depressions so assume that is the top?

Stick to felt ? wouldnt that hinder the adhesive mechanically locking into the depressions?

Looks almost like its a duff batch where the underside ( felt ) has stuck to the face when rolled up?

Never seen it before .

Diggy

B

bugs183

I've seen a yellow version of this before, but only once and i've no idea who made it.
As i remember it had stuck really well to the adhesive as the fleece is a bit fluffier than other such as Ditra or Dural.

P

Protilers

its from Atrim ...............not sure about how well it works.....as it has come from the BLANKE factory!.......but I have used it a year or so ago...........no problems so far!

Lee

Reaction score
Its a Beava Wondermat.

Kinda the same as the other brands (ditra, dural etc) but Beava

I've used it a fair few times, STS in Leeds used to sell it, but there's been a few reported problems in the past, so now its been replaced by Sandimat (I think).

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Blanke, Genesis,Concept, they are all the same, not tried and tested. Stick to Ditra or the new Dural mat. Imho:thumbsup: Mr tiler please read the many posts on decoupling membranes, I understand you want to learn, but this stuff is really basic. Not wanting to be unkind, but you need to understand the technical side of tiling if you are going to be a tiler.:thumbsup: Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anyone used this decoupling Matt in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks