Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Anyone used Rubi TC-180 on Guide Rail? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

jjack

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I bought a Rubi TC-180 cutter and the 1200mm Guide Rail.

After installing the Rubi blade that came with the cutter and then mounting the cutter correctly on the guide rail I was surprised to see that the blade is making a lot of contact with the rubber strip which runs down the cutting edge of the guide rail. I tested the cutter by briefly running it for a couple of seconds and it has shredded some of the rubber strip.

Is this normal? Is the blade meant to actually make contact with the rubber strip on the edge of the guide?

regards
Harry

OP
J

jjack

-
Reaction score
Rubi confirmed that this is normal and that the rubber is oversize and is meant to be ground down on first couple of cuts.

Reply to Anyone used Rubi TC-180 on Guide Rail? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock