Discuss Anyone mitre tiles on a dry cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

ryanbrown

Can anyone recommend a manual cutter thats good at doing mitre cuts at a 45 degree angle?
Could do with a more portable one - doesnt have to have a large cutting area.

It must save a fair bit of time cutting a tile at an angle rather than cutting it straight and then putting an angle on it afterwards.

F

floydyboy

have a look at the Husqvarna's they look good cutters £125 for the 425 and £160 for the 670:thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

Can anyone recommend a manual cutter thats good at doing mitre cuts at a 45 degree angle?
Could do with a more portable one - doesnt have to have a large cutting area.

It must save a fair bit of time cutting a tile at an angle rather than cutting it straight and then putting an angle on it afterwards.
Montolit masterpiuma 63.

Grumpy

R

ryanbrown

I have a Husqvarna 670 at the moment - good wuality cutter but cant tilt the cutting wheel. Hopefully you can with the montolit range.
cheers people.

G

Grace'sDad

Now I'm REALLY confused? Mitre the edge on a dry cutter - how?!

Have I been missing something all this time?

Reaction score
dont think it can be done
----
I have a Husqvarna 670 at the moment - good wuality cutter but cant tilt the cutting wheel. Hopefully you can with the montolit range.
cheers people.
tilting cutting wheel wont make any difference as you only scratch the top surface of the tile

Last edited:
R

ryanbrown

i assumed that pressure was applied differently for it to break at an angle to achieve a mitre cut, but i think i must have misread it - it probally means cutting tiles at a 45 degree angle on a flat - for diamond patterns etc.. not tilting the cutting wheel as i thought.

G

grumpygrouter

Montolit masterpiuma 63.

Grumpy
I have made the assumption that he was talking about a 45% cut on the tile, not a mitre that is normally done on a wet saw, sometimes called a joggle cut I believe.

The monty will cut a various different angles across the tile if that is required. Are you talking about joining 2 tiles together around a window reveal Ryan, without a trim perhaps?

Grumpy

D

davy_G

Good job Grumps, i thought i was missing a trick not being able to mitre a tile on a dry cutter myself!

G

Grace'sDad

Phew! That would have been embarrasing if I'd not known after all this time.:joker:

R

ryanbrown

yep, i was looking to cut 45 degree angles for window reveals instead of using trim, but i was wondering if there was a way of doing it without using a wetsaw.
Can the Montolit masterpiuma 63 do that? or can these sort of cuts only be done on a wet saw?

S

sWe

I'm a Montolit man myself, but I'm not aware of any accessories for the Montolit dry cutter range which can do mitre/jolly cuts. I normally dislike Rubi, but they do have a cutting accessory for that purpose..

45° Punching Tool @ BuyBrandTools

You score the back face of the tile repeatedly with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

i have done it with the old rubi cutters used to have a 45 deg cutter with ts 30 40 60 but it don't work very well was better with a chisel and rasp thats how i used to do it everything miterd :pete

Reply to Anyone mitre tiles on a dry cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks