Discuss Anyone heard of this stuff? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Afternoon all..

Anyone seen or used this EGGER Protect | EGGER - https://www.egger.com/shop/en_GB/building/product-detail/PROTECT

They say you can tile directly on to it
That's the last thing I would tile directly onto because of the coating .
Also make sure it hasn't been left uncovered for ages as the joints won't be waterproof unless the chippies have fixed it using a waterproof glue and it's coming through the joints but even then I wouldn't trust it . .
Best thing you can do is go to builders merchant buy a damaged piece and stick a tile to it leave it , then remove the tile and see how clean it comes up .

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
This is the only chip-board we have passed as fit to tile direct to. Prime+Grip then Ultimate adhesive. Usual standards apply, no deflection, movement, strong enough to hold the weight ect. Please do not reply "but BS5385 says bla bla bla" we know what it says but we have done the testing and it passed.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is the only chip-board we have passed as fit to tile direct to. Prime+Grip then Ultimate adhesive. Usual standards apply, no deflection, movement, strong enough to hold the weight ect. Please do not reply "but BS5385 says bla bla bla" we know what it says but we have done the testing and it passed.
Is this the 18mm or 22mm board?

T

Time's Ran Out

So Egger say you can tile on it and Tilemaster say you can tile on it.
For me it’s a wooden board that needs covering or the tile will crack on every width.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tend to find this on timber framed houses, would still Hardie over it.

F

Flintstone

I wouldn't tile direct to that board, simply not worth the risk, as John says, it's asking for cracks on the joints

Reply to Anyone heard of this stuff? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks