Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Anyone done a DIY L shaped bath panel tiled? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

jan2019

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
As the thread title suggests really.

Just looking for some pictures really or if anyone has put a magnetic access panel in it?

Thanks

Q

Qwerty

Done a few of the L-shaped panels, leaving the end panel as removeble. No different to a flat tiled panel to do. I don't think I have personally ever taken photos of my L-shaped ones but there are loads out there if you search the media section of this forum or elsewhere on the internet. I will search my photos later....

Most insulation board companies even make a specific bath panel now ready to tile. For an L-shaped panel just buy some 20mm insulation board and cut it to the size you need once a CLS frame has been made up approximately 32mm beyond the leading edge of the bath (allows for the thickness of the board, https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and tile). You can then use 'Rema' hidden panel magnets from @Schlüter-Systems Ltd . Use colour matching silicone to the grout around the perimeter and this can be neatly cut if and when access is required.

S

Spare Tool

Another option is to build the panel out beyond the bath, this was a P-bath but same principle..
wp_ss_20190211_0001.png

Reply to Anyone done a DIY L shaped bath panel tiled? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock