Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Any ideas please tiles stained from Ardex coloured silicone in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

I

Iamthemanny

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Please can you help

i have just had my bathroom done. I bought Ardex coloured silver shimmer silicone to match grout.

The residue from silicone has stained tiles.

I have tried:
White spirit
Meths
MultiSolve by CT1
Viakil (normally does everything for me)
HG grout cleaner
Fila tile and stone stain remover

Still looks like this

Any ideas please

This is the worst bit in picture

Any help really appreciated. Thanks

F66FEC1A-FA53-4C87-A9FF-7D579DF6D869.jpeg 7A1D6E32-7240-49E3-A574-1207DF7A8D41.jpeg 419D24BC-D616-4E06-81D6-CF32A4AED15A.jpeg

OP
C

ChickenDinner

Highly unlikely to be staining a tile with silicone. It's far more likely you were messy. If there's a thin layer of silicone over the tiles then you should be able to just scrape it or rub it off with your fingers. If you can't it might be the grout as mentioned but it's far more likely to be a problem with the tile than with the silicone or the grout. If there's no engobe on the tile because it's a cheap tile then that will cause this issue. If that's the case. Hahaha start over.

OP
F

Flintstone

Highly unlikely to be staining a tile with silicone. It's far more likely you were messy. If there's a thin layer of silicone over the tiles then you should be able to just scrape it or rub it off with your fingers. If you can't it might be the grout as mentioned but it's far more likely to be a problem with the tile than with the silicone or the grout. If there's no engobe on the tile because it's a cheap tile then that will cause this issue. If that's the case. Hahaha start over.

That attitude isn't welcome on here.

I think the grout is most likely the cause of the problem here rather than the silicone.

Jon591

-
Reaction score
Please can you help

i have just had my bathroom done. I bought Ardex coloured silver shimmer silicone to match grout.

The residue from silicone has stained tiles.

I have tried:
White spirit
Meths
MultiSolve by CT1
Viakil (normally does everything for me)
HG grout cleaner
Fila tile and stone stain remover

Still looks like this

Any ideas please

This is the worst bit in picture

Any help really appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 101369 View attachment 101370 View attachment 101371
You won’t get it off now I’m a mastic man. You needed to use bleed free sealant. the oil has bled into the tiles you need a product suitable for natural stone in future

Reply to Any ideas please tiles stained from Ardex coloured silicone in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock