Discuss Any Adhesives Without Calcium Hydroxide ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi We are working on a project but find calcium hydroxide effects our product. If a vapour barrier above our product is a no no due to a "floating floor"
Could anyone offer any advice please. Thanks

Reaction score
Not an issue from our point of view . Closest to the surface the better as its low voltage . You can even drill holes in it. We went insulation / adhesive / us / adhesive / tiles . But on our latest build we are looking to launch in May we have found Calcium Hydroxide effects performance . I cant find an adhesive without calcium hydroxide . A vapour barrier above would stop it but it would mean adhering our mats to the floor first . Not a problem if its not tile adhesive or anything with no Calcium Hydroxide.

D

Dumbo

I think you need to get into contact with adhesive manufacturer to work a method for doing this and perhaps testing it . It may just be as simple as a quality primer applied in a certain manner

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anything cement based will evolve calcium hydroxide as part of the hydration process. Gypsum based would also but to a much lesser degree. Tubbed acrylic based wont but no self respecting pro tiler will use much of that.
[automerge]1584482936[/automerge]
If you want some gypsum screed to try it with give me a shout.

Reply to Any Adhesives Without Calcium Hydroxide ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks