Discuss Anthracite Grout, what a bummer. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Just a quickie for fun here, A contractor that I work for on a regular basis has just sent over a finishing schedule for 30 bathrooms, 60 x 30 rectified White, textured, lappato wall and floor tile, broken bond, floors aligned, with BLACK grout. put a price to that if you dare.
Almost forgot, 2 niches per bathroom.
Pauly

B

Bill

If your contractor is any good then your cutting should be minimal if the ceiling height is consistent along with a level floor.

The 2 niches should be set for full tile on the horizontal, to minimise time & cuts too.

I know some firms could knock that out for £scorem2 labour only and still be ok with price. Maybe add a bit more for Londinium.

My price would be higher though.

It all depends on how good the prep is and access plus the readiness of each bathroom.

Reaction score
Pauly if you work with the contractor on a regular basis then surely he knows how you work & & it a big & should know what you expect from his prep, personal I'd tell him you what a day rate to do the first bathroom see how it pans out & negotiate a price after that ,He get 1 bathroom do at least & nobodies falling out afterwards.

Reaction score
Hi Andy, I have no problems with the developer, its just the way client throw complications in at the last moment. They know the deal and will pay what I ask for within reason. Was it Tom who implied that tiling firms in Manchester would do it for £::m2, or did I get that wrong? Tilers where I am wouldn't even answer the phone for that atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I charge more than that I wont pay work & pick & choose work now only really tile at weekends , as I teach weekdays now .As for clients yes I hate it myself with the changes & complications which sometime arise with them

B

Bill

Hi Andy, I have no problems with the developer, its just the way client throw complications in at the last moment. They know the deal and will pay what I ask for within reason. Was it Tom who implied that tiling firms in Manchester would do it for £:: m2, or did I get that wrong? Tilers where I am wouldn't even answer the phone for that atm.
I said labour only - which some tilers get on site work.

10m2 a day @£::m2 = £::: a day - x that by 5 days and you have £::: a week - that is well above the average weekly wage and yes I do understand that it is a gross figure.

Some 'young' tilers would jump at those prices.

Reaction score
I don't want to appear rude or anything else for that matter but those rates are from the 1980s mate, When I started in 1982 we used to get £12.50 per sq yard for 6 inch white slap up.
Perhaps we should see what the rates actually are geographically. It may be interesting.

Reaction score
Pauly your on London rates,I haven't done site work for 19 months & was getting £:: m2 as Tom say £::: minus 20% for tax is £::: & not to be scoffed at that £:::: a month & if you got a decent accountant they get you a good whack back every 12 months,& like you said you don't want to appear rude neither do I but you need to earn serious dosh in London because you can't get in your van without it costing you to drive round your own city because of all the charges your lovely Mayor love shoving up the motorist of this fair & pleasant land

Reaction score
Agree with that, the cost of business around here is scary. I employ 2 other tilers on a self employed CIS basis and for rectified porcelain, detailed work with stainless trims black grout they want £28 m2. I am not joking either. what do supply for that I hear you ask......... sweet Fanny Adams, they even want me to supply pegs and mixing buckets

Reaction score
Christ how many buckets do they go through a month do you supply them with grout sponges to charge £:: on private work & that labour only I do supply my own spacer crosses though ,

Reply to Anthracite Grout, what a bummer. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks