Discuss Anhydrite screed........ in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Currently working out a price to tile one of these screeds, last one I did must of been 10 years ago, and things seem to have moved on since then.

First off, what's the tile master anhydrite a Adhesive like.

The screed has UFH and there using a porcelain tile, on a normal screed I wouldn't bother with a decoupling mat with a porcelain tile, is a decoupling mat essential with these screeds regardless of the tiles.

And what do you use to sand the floor, looking to hire not purchase, floors about 45m2

H

hmtiling

Tilemaster anhyfix is the best gypsum adhesive out there imo.
I always try to put a crack mat down and witch to cement based on top.
Is it definitely anhydrite?
Do you know who laid it?

O

Old Mod

The Anhyfix is ok Andy, still need to prime the floor.
Just not to the extent that you would if you were using a cement based adhesive.
Most people I know Mat it so they can use cement adhesive over mat.
I’ve sanded two of 50m2 and below with a flex, a grinding cup and decent vacuum.
If you hire one you can get a 60 grit copper plate apparently, that I’m led to believe is effective.
It would fit on to a regular cleaners buffing machine.
Or you could get a full blown grinding set up to hire.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tilemaster anhyfix is the best gypsum adhesive out there imo.
I always try to put a crack mat down and witch to cement based on top.
Is it definitely anhydrite?
Do you know who laid it?
Looks like anhydrite...

IMG_20181122_134849.jpg

IMG_20181122_134836.jpg

B

Blunt Tool

Have you use that ?
Just had a quick look at it, looks a bit dodgy to me...
Spoke to the Rep as long as all their products and method then all guaranteed, couple of tilers emm somewhere else has used it no probs said it was a doddle

H

hmtiling

If it happens to be a alpha hemi hydrite screed from Mayhew knauf say they don't need sanding

Reply to Anhydrite screed........ in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks