Discuss all this NVQ stuff can someone explain please in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
i don't have much idea about this NVQ stuff but i am getting a bit concerned after reading all this stuff on the forum I've been tiling/plastering for 35 years how do i get assessed,funded, and sorted does anyone know!! please :thumbsup:

W

White Room

From what I understand is the funding stops at the end of July.........

Other than that I'm in the same boat gooner

G

Gazzer

Contact a training center and tell them you want to get your NVQ2 with funding. They will ask you to complete a written english and maths test paper. Its very easy. This isnt part of the NVQ but to do with getting funding.
You will be require to provide proof of workmanship and your years in the trade. Photographs will also be asked for of your work.
You will then need to arrange to get the centre out to assess you on site where they will check your working practices ie Safe working, area that you store tiles etc, your waste area. They will take photos of akll this and ask some basic questions. Once all this has been done you will need to wait minimum of 3 months before getting your certificate. thats the basic outline anyway as it happened to myself.

C

Colour Republic

Hang on that's what one guy said, I couldn't find any info to back that up. My post in the other thread was just relaying what I was told. If truth be told I personally took it as sales pitch... sounds like a nice bloke, but then the best salesmen always do

EDIT: Just to make it clear. This is a reply to the first two posts not your Sir

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

As i am aware funding is available in batches, I was lucky enough to apply just as a new lot of funding was made available. Thats the way i understood it anyway.

C

Colour Republic

The way I was told today was that you would get funding if you didn't already have an NVQ in something else, that NVQ can be in anything not just a trade. So the Government will pay for your first NVQ if you like.

Again don't know if this true

T

TT Tiling

just doing my nvq now ,did it through businesslink and asking at the job centre ,they sorted the funding and got my the right placement with a college, guy comes out to see you on site ,all a bit of a joke if you ask me ,the guy didnt know much about tiling apart from wot hes read :lol::lol: but got to do it to carry on with the sites i have , doing the cscs card next month they pay for that as well :hurray: then i can call myself a real tiler :punk:nottttttttttttttt

W

White Room

Your ringing a few bells Rob, you must'nt of had any qualications prior to your application to the nvq, not just nvq's, nothing from my understanding.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think all our training sponsors provide plastering courses, and they all do NVQ's, providing they do the trade as training. Give them or some other a call and perhaps speak to a couple to see if there are different options.

G

Gazzer

i see, so wot sort of training center,wot happens when you work nationwide and not at home will they travel to see me then ?? :thumbsup:

Any of the training centres here will help you. I went with Chase Tiling Academy and Yes they come to you where ever you may be in the country.

Reaction score
well now i have gone in for the CSCS card i might as well go for the full set!! and be up to date, until they move the goal post's again :lol: :thumbsup: but i still will not buy the designer tiling clothes :smilewinkgrin: :lol:

G

Gazzer

Just do it and get the ball rolling, in a few months time you will wonder what all the fuss was about and be able to have a certificate on your wall.

Reply to all this NVQ stuff can someone explain please in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks