Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice with prep. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just starting tile in Scotland, has been 10 years last time I was tile back in spain. Things have change a lot, and is diferent from Spain as well. I would like to know the best way to do the prep and when to use backer board or decoupling mat, etc.. any recommendation on some kind of guide, web, demonstration on local shop? Thanks!

D

Dumbo

Just starting tile in Scotland, has been 10 years last time I was tile back in spain. Things have change a lot, and is diferent from Spain as well. I would like to know the best way to do the prep and when to use backer board or decoupling mat, etc.. any recommendation on some kind of guide, web, demonstration on local shop? Thanks!
This could be quite a long answer, but instead what I am going to suggest is that you go online and look at , Schluter, and dural as regards decoupling membranes and have a look , tilemaster for antifracture mats , wedi, jackoboard and Hardie for backer boards . Then come back asking more specific questions on things that aren't clear after reading their tech guides .
I hope I don't get slaughtered for this as I or someone else could otherwise be writing for hours .

OP
E
Reaction score
This could be quite a long answer, but instead what I am going to suggest is that you go online and look at , Schluter, and dural as regards decoupling membranes and have a look , tilemaster for antifracture mats , wedi, jackoboard and Hardie for backer boards . Then come back asking more specific questions on things that aren't clear after reading their tech guides .
I hope I don't get slaughtered for this as I or someone else could otherwise be writing for hours .
Thanks a lot. I will have a look at it, is a starting point. Back in spain when I was tile allwais was a cement render base, we don't use timber, and plasterboar just some times. I want to do things in the proper way, and most important understand what to use and why in every different situation. Thankfully my local ctd are very helpful and they give me advice .

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I totally agree with @jcrtiling, best thing to do is go around your local suppliers and see what is readily available to you, then go online and read the information available on their websites.
Any other queries after this then come and ask away :).

D

Dumbo

Thanks a lot. I will have a look at it, is a starting point. Back in spain when I was tile allwais was a cement render base, we don't use timber, and plasterboar just some times. I want to do things in the proper way, and most important understand what to use and why in every different situation. Thankfully my local ctd are very helpful and they give me advice .
They should have some info to give you on products they sell .
Ctd are a good company according to those that use them , I don't have a local one .

Reply to Advice with prep. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock