Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice required regarding floor make up in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm refurbing my bathroom after a leak. I've ripped up the old tiles and the 6mm ply they were sat on and the floor boards underneath are in a bad state. They are 20mm t&g and I was wondering if I can replace them with 18mm t&g ply boards. The wife has decided that she wants UFH so I'm trying to keep the make up thickness to a minimum. After putting down the 18mm t&g ply I was then going to fit 6mm insulated boards, then UFH mat, SLC and then tile on top. My joist centers are 400mm, does this sound ok ?.

Demuss

-
Reaction score
Have you completed the bathroom floor?
I'm doing something similar except not replacing the bathroom floor. After insulation boards, UFH mat, SLC and tiles is going to be about 29mm thick.
What did you use at the doorway to transition into the next room?
Thanks
Anthony

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Get rid of the insulation boards and insulate between the joists. That saves you 6mm

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Insulate between joists as mentioned. 18mm ply, then 6mm hardibacke.
self level to encapsulate cable.......then tile.

Transition threshold bar 👍

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm tile over t&g floorboards so aswell as insulating they are providing some sort of support so dont really want to not use them.
If youre relying on a 6mm insulation board for support I'd suggest stop and get someone in that knows what they're doing...

Reaction score
Does anyone, and does the standard allow, tile directly on top of the cable, encapsulating the heating cable in the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/? This is a test question.,I have a customer who knows his stuff. However, he's lacking somewhat in actual knowledge.

Reply to Advice required regarding floor make up in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock