Discuss Tiny sharp pieces of metal in the grouting in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simsam

-
Reaction score
Hi

Tilers completed floor tiles in our ensuite bathroom. On cleaning the floor, we've noticed tiny sharp pieces of metal in the grouting. Could this be from tile spacers, and if so how can we remove them? Any advice would be soooo appreciated - we've had nothing but problems with our new house tiling and would like to correct this ourselves if possible.

Many thanks

Simsam

-
Reaction score
I would be calling the back out. 👍
[/QUO
Yes, think we'll have to report it to site manager (new build). We've had so many problems, had to have all the floor tiling in all areas redone. Been without kitchen island and hob since last December when they retiled large area downstairs and ran out of tiles.........!! Been an absolute nightmare!!

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have you got a photo for our lovely tile dectectives?

Simsam

-
Reaction score
Have you got a photo for our lovely tile dectectives?
7F687E6B-E567-42F6-81BF-B8DAF347DF4E.jpeg

This is one of them - although they are very sharp, they are actually plastic. With great difficulty and care I’ve managed to dig them all out - fortunately the tilers left us some grout! I saw the lad kicking out the levellers with his boots so guess that’s why. He also chipped a tile edge which we’ve had replaced. Didn’t notice these boy bits until later!

Simsam

-
Reaction score
hi Dave
yes, I sorted it myself. Managed to dig out all the bits, fortunately tilers left us some grout so will have to patch it up. We have had so many tiling problems, couldn’t face them returning! thank you for for interest

Reply to Tiny sharp pieces of metal in the grouting in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks