Discuss Advice please - how to fix uneven grouting in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dom

TF
Reaction score
View attachment 106447
In this picture it looks like a wavy edge tile and I would have used a wider joint.
View attachment 106448
In this picture the tile has movement around both sides of the corner and I’d assume a loose tile.
View attachment 106446
The grout is loose - if he added another layer of grout 3 days later I’d be of the opinion it’s all loose and he’s tried to hide it by regrouting again.

Get the tiles up where the grout is cracked and see how well they are/are not fixed. It’ll be worth a little investigation now rather than 3 weeks down the line when he’s been paid and disconnected his phone.

Thank you so much for your response.

I think the loose grout is actually the second coat of grout which hasn’t stuck to the bottom grout.

I’ll ask for all the tiles where the grout is cracked to be taken up.

As for the first picture, I think it’s the cleaning of the grout that’s a bit messy, and the tile being laid at uneven height didn’t help.

Thank you so much for the advise. I just didn’t know if I was being too picky asking the tiler to take up some of the tiles.

Reply to Advice please - how to fix uneven grouting in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks